Thursday 17 October 2013

A bit of paperwork.

Here are a few of the bits and pieces I've been playing with this week:

Clearing my e-mail inbox!

Assistant District Commisioner (Adult Training) (ADC AT)

I've been contacting participants who I know did their First Response (basic First Aid) three years ago this coming February, and offering them the opportunity to do a 2 hour refresher course before their First Response runs out.  I've contacted my First Response trainer to get a few dates and have asked the participants to complete a Doodle Poll.

A nice fat expenses claim form - First Response booklets, as well as groceries and resources from my Camping and Traditional Skills Training camp mostly.  Signed and delivered to the District Treasurer along with all the receipts.  I also gave him all the remaining cash and cheques from participants at the Skills Training camp.

I've sent off the form to UK Headquarters recommending a Cub Leader for her Wood Badge - this means that she has completed all the training required for her role.

We have a couple of new members on the District Executive Committee, so I've sent them the link for the e-learning for Module 1 of the Adult Training Scheme, which is recommended but not mandatory for their role.  It covers key policies of the association, as well as Child Protection and safety.

I'm delivering Module 7 - Scouting for All when I get back from my holiday, so I've spent a bit of time planning and preparing for this.  It's been completely rewritten, and is all about Inclusion and Diversity and how we can achieve this.  I'm a little disappointed only to have eight participants so far, but hopefully more will come out of the woodwork while I'm away.  I sent out Joining Instructions to those participants that I know about so far.

Deputy District Commissioner
I'm in the unfortunate position that I'm looking into a complaint about a Scout Group.  The sad thing about a complaint in Scouting is that it means that somebody hasn't had a good time in Scouts.  It would be inappropriate to comment any further about that here, but I've been doing some work looking into this complaint.

SHQ Training Support Team
We held a series of Training Adviser support events in the eight Regions of Scotland, which, while not as well attended as we had hoped, went very well.  We want to build on this and offer ongoing support to Training Advisers, so are hoping to provide some form of resource to shine a light on some of the things that the participants themselves came up with on the events.  I'm having a bash at this, trying to get some ideas on paper for the rest of the team to work on.

18-25 working group - UKHQ
I had a couple of documents to look at and comment on following a Development Day in September.  I've also looked at the transport options for getting down to our next meeting at UK HQ in Gilwell on the edge of London.

So... all in all a busy few days, even though I've not had any meetings to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment